MCBA Nationals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was very entertaining to watch, having never been to a show it was really neat. I just wished my 2 and 4 year old would have been as good as they usually are we probably would have stayed the whole time. Next time I told my husband I'm going solo, less distractions!

I think after I saw the Steak and Shake shakes I started craving a shake myself so we had to stop on the way and pick some up.

I hope everyone will post their results. I like hearing how the hobby breeders do along with the big ranchers.

Well I have an even number - it's just not the 4 that I originally said I was coming home with....imagine that! But I'm sorry...who could pass up the absolutely gorgeous and sweet white eb girl that I got from Jags for $100!?! And I had to have the dark eb from Becky...I mean, noone's collection of chinnies is complete without one.

Sorry, picks will have to wait until I get home and settled. Had way too much fun here today and I'm way too tired to be posting pics.

(I have news for some chinnies in my room...they'd better quit cacking at one another - SOME of us have to drive a loooooooong way tomorrow!)

Still taking donations to pay the speeding ticket too!

I worked the show table and was in charge of the auction so I had NO time to post results. On top of that, the hall has 0 service.

Check out Jeri's website post for all the results, but the short answer is that Shoots took the top 4 places and Master Breeder. Hummel was second breeder. Jags, Shoots, Hummel took the color section breeder awards.

Becky

BTW- put the date on your calendar------

MCBA Nationals 2010
March 20, 2010
Auburn IN

:thumbsup: to jeri for getting that up so fast.

:thumbsup: to josh, cheryl, megan and any other of the small breeders who did very well (and who's names i forgot to mention - sorry)

can someone post how many animals were in each color section (roughly); no sapphires? no violet males???

wow becky - cannot believe you were up and posting so late...

Congratulations to all who showed their animals! Congrats to all of the winners! Sorry I missed the show...

Listen to me saying you need an even number...I don't have an even number! Kristy was trying to talk me into a sapphire but I just can't do it. No room for another cage and if he didn't get along with the 3 new kids, I don't know what I would do!! I'm happy with 9!! I can't get into the double digits anyway, that just makes me a looney toon like the rest of ya. :neener:

There were a few sapphires shown but not a lot. Most of them were Kristy's. Couldn't tell ya exact numbers though..my butt was getting so numb in that chair it was hard to pay attention :laughitup:

The judges were incredibly hard this year.

Last edited:
Haha! Well, I've always liked odd numbers better so I think I'm set now :pillowfight:

And, she didn't hardly make any sound all night! What a nice chin! And right now she's rolling around on her food haha! :cute:

There is something wrong with that chin Alli LOL

Spray wars have ended over here, all of Amanda's girls are in a nice pile! She isn't even awake yet to see it! :laughitup:

Aww well atleast the 4 are getting along! Now to get all 6! haha

I'm hoping someone gets along with this girl. She seems really mellow so I'm thinking she will. Hopefully!

Congratulations everyone!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time!! I'm going to have to steal Brenda's show book for all the details (wait, was she at the awards table?! NO TIME TO WRITE!!!) or maybe when some of you recover a bit you can share numbers and stuff. Becky scared me with the date for next year: I'm worried (already) that it will be at the start of my spring break and I won't be able to get Friday off...How can I worry about that a full YEAR in advance?! Gosh, a whole year to win the lottery or find a Sugar Daddy so I can do as I please.:tease:

I'd go with the sugar daddy, it has better odds.:neener:

aww i wish i could have gone! Last year i was debating going..stackie was going to boil the water in case i went into labor!

:laughitup:

I'm home! Amanda should be in 2.5 hours or so, but she has a lot to do! The kids are all moved in..now time for some relaxing..whew

Back