MCBA Nationals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was tough. I didn't do well so home I am reorganizing. I brought home a few new chinnies (15 ;) ) .. so there will be lots and lots of great chinnies to pick from to show next year if all gows well I will get pics of the new chinnies soon. first I want everyone settled. and Jaba did not get to be on my head on the way home but he is now!

I'm home and I've had a nap.

It was a great show, as always. I had wayyyyy to much to do, though, and feel like I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone.

Shelli- it was a normal show sleep wise. 3-4 hours a night seems to be the best I can do!

The judges were incredibly hard this year.

I am very happy to see they were hard this year. Hopefully it will help us up the quality a bit. I am hoping next year I'll have something at the right age to show.

I did well, I only came home with one animal... Not planned- and I purposely LEFT a carrier at my house, and did not bring cash... that never stops someone though, does it? Especially when the check book is in the car *sigh* and friends have extra carriers..lol

becky,
i think we are about the same age and i KNOW i have not been able to function on that little sleep in YEARS. give it up - how dya do it???

Shelli- it was a normal show sleep wise. 3-4 hours a night seems to be the best I can do!

Judging was extremely tough this year! At least until John arrived with the shakes. ;) But it was a great show I thought, with a great turnout.

There were 45 pelts by 2 exhibitors - 1 white, 4 beige, 36 standard, 3 black and 1 eb. 6 took a first place or higher.

There were 268 live animals by 29 exhibitors.

35 whites - 4 took a first or higher, all four went on to take color section champs and reserves.
5 sapphires - highest took a 2nd.
17 violets - 3 took a first or higher. (no males took higher than a 2nd)
36 beige - 18 took a first or higher.
117 standards - 65 took a first or higher.
25 blacks - 14 took a first or higher.
33 ebonies - 18 took a first or higher.

Congrats to everyone who showed!

I've been home for about 3 hours now - been setting up the FN and getting all 6 chinnies into it. Yes, I said 6. All 6 are in there and doing well. Not one cack and not one spray. YAY!

And...NO TICKETS on the way home! :)

:thumbsup: to josh, cheryl, megan and any other of the small breeders who did very well (and who's names i forgot to mention - sorry)

Thanks Shelli! I wish you could have come! It was a lot of fun and very informational. I got completely clobbered on my whites, but I learned a lot and now have some changes to improve my herd!

I was happy enough with the majority of my ebonies this year though so it made up for the clobbering!

Hope you are going to York this year!

Cheryl

Oh dear - I knew I should have gotten up the first night when you called. I'm such a loser. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to Peggy more!

Anyway - the show was great, and I am pretty happy with my results. I got two 1st place (one who went on to reserve phase champ), two 2nd, one 3rd, and one 4th. I'm not happy with the 4th, BUT, I knew she wasn't going to do well when I groomed her as her fur was not in prime. I put her in more for the other comments than the ribbon, and learned what I can do to improve.

My first place animals were both standards, brother and sister. Once we got them in the right cages. . . they both did really well, with the boy moving on to Reserve Color Phase champ. Yay!

My mosaic took a 2nd, mostly for size, but she was JUST into the older class, so I'm satisfied with that!

My light tan baby took a 2nd - again knocked for size, but she's young, so I'm ok with that one too.

The 3rd was my beige violet, and she was knocked for color - which is understandable since her color has the violet influence to it so she's different than the "pure" beiges she was up against. I wanted to show her more for the comments on her fur as well, and they were good.

Congratulations to everyone who showed and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet some of you!

For me it was the picture of your butt, as well as the nude beach images. :wink2:

Well, I have to admit I didn't see the pics of anyone's butt, however, I did get some interesting mental visuals of a certain breeder in a fur thong. . .

Kristie, did I read that right: you brought home 15 new chinnies?! WOW!!!!!! That's half my herd...Congrats on the shopping!!! It sounds like fun: I LOVE to shop! Brenda was kind enough to bring 2 home for me, so I shopped without even being there--now that is ADDICTION! :)

Glad everyone got home safe. If someone took notes on the show & wouldn't mind sharing, I have two cage numbers I'd love some intel on when you get a chance. Brenda was working too hard to take notes--but I'm so so grateful she had car space to bring them back!! And I looked on the calendar and I will get to go to Nationals next year if all goes well. Staying home was a BORE!! :hair:

Geez, I must have been in a fog, because there were alot of you guys there that I just didnt meet! It was really nice to meet Amanda! I hope the FN works well for you! It was a great show, judges were a little tough until the shakes go there, but that isnt all bad either!

Back