Gus is VERY sick.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss. He fought the good fight.

You did the best you could for him. Take comfort in that. :(

*Hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss! Like greychins said at least he is in no pain now. You were a good mommy to Gus !

I am so very sorry to read this. :(
My thoughts are with you at this sad time. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear he passed away :( Take comfort in knowing you did everything you could for the little guy - he had a wonderful home and spent his days loved and cared for.

I ma so sorry for your loss! You guys did everything you could for him.

My sympathies to you & your husband. It's heartwarming to know that there are people like you both out there that care so deeply for the little animal babies.

I am so sorry that Gus passed, you and your family did everything you could. Hoping that your hearts heal quickly :hug:.

I hadn't posted before because there was nothing more I could give you than the others had already said, but I'm sad to read about Gus. You did the best you could, I'm sorry he didn't make it. Stasis is a difficult issue to overcome.

Guys, I can't think of anything to say that will make you feel better. I know firsthand what it's like to watch your little friend waste away and feel helpless to stop it. The snow has come at a very inopportune time. I don't know how it is where you are, but I know we've gotten at least 8 inches here.

I had typed this and more this morning when my power went out. It was out for several hours, so I just learned that little Gus didn't make it. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear little Gus has passed :( You MUST know that you did everything you could for him. I know it's very easy to blame yourself when things like this happen, but try to look at the brighter side of this...Gus is in a wonderful place now...Rainbow Bridge! I know he will always hold a special place in your hearts, as you will in his...sending <<HUGS>> to you and your family!

I'm so sorry for your loss. You both did more than most people have done (unfortunately). You gave it your all, and sometimes things are just not meant to be. I'm so sorry, and I hope you find comfort in the fact that you are awesome pet parents, and you did everything you could. :hug4:

Jill, you and your husband did everything you could, please know that and try very hard not to beat yourselves up. Your little guy is now at peace and you don't have to worry about him anymore. I will be keeping Gus and your family in my prayers. It's very hard to lose these little guys. I am so sorry.

Your pain is understood

Hi my name is kasi i am new to the site. Jill my heart goes out to you I sit here with tears reading the your little gus did not make it as I had a 4month old chin named whitey that just passed as well from rectal prolapse. My thgoughts are with you!:cry4:

oh no! I've been following this thread and praying for Gus, and I am so sorry to hear about his passing!

I'm a little teary knowing that he's gone when so many people here were trying so hard to help him get better- truly, everyone on the forums here really does care about all of our little fuzzy children. It's great to see the support but heartbreaking when nature decides it's time.

Poor little Gus, he had a hard time there at the end but he's bouncing around again somewhere I'm sure. You tried your best, and he knew he was loved.

It is never easy losing a little loved critter. especially when you try so hard to keep him alive

Jill, I am not a chin owner, but had been following your thread. I'm sorry Gus didn't make it, it certainly sounds like you were trying everything you could do to help him.

Back