Bear's URI

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, Stacie, I'm digging deep and hoping and praying that it starts to get better for him. Poor baby :(

I wonder if it would help to run a cool mist vaporizer in his room? Maybe that would help open up the nasal passages and the lungs a bit.

Also, I wonder if a bit of Blu-Kote on his nose wouldn't be in order. It is so raw and bloody, I would start to worry about an infection setting in there. Snot is hardly sanitary.

Ugh - Stack, give my little buddy some scritches from me and tell him we're all pulling for him. I told his mom all about him yesterday and she is sending all her love too. :)

Oh, Stacie, I'm so sorry for you and Bear!!! I'm just now seeing this thread.

Have you tried getting a baby mucus syringe bulb to extract the mucus??? I've used that on sick puppies and kittens before and a couple of months ago when someone else had a sick chin, I asked that more experienced people OK its use with chins, and was told that it was OK.

I'm rooting for you and the little Playchin. :hug4:

Yuck, that is a nasty nose. Hopefully that culture will come in soon and yield how to make him better fast!

Ouch! Not to make matters even worse for you, but is that a crusty I see in his left eye? I hope it isn't b/c the poor guy looks uncomfortable enough already.

We talked about a bulb syringe in chat yesterday, but with that nose looking so raw - I don't know if that would help or not.

Ouch! Not to make matters even worse for you, but is that a crusty I see in his left eye? I hope it isn't b/c the poor guy looks uncomfortable enough already.

Yes, it is common when chinchillas have a URI to get conjunctivitis as well. It is being treated with terramycin drops.

I tried the bulb last night and I didn't get much, if anything at all, out.

He is starting to move around more slowly and seemingly more lethargic. I'm trying my best to keep my hopes up but for now I am spending all my time with him and cuddling him...

Stacie, I can't stop thinking about you and Bear, I'm hoping with all hope that he has improved. *Hugs* to you and all the boys!

stace, like everyone else, im still thinking of you both and rootin for ya. im the praying type so i'll say one for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back