Yucca as a houseplant

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne-Lise

Hi guys!
Yucca obviously does not grow in our part of the continent, it is wayyy too cold. BUT, it is a common houseplant that lots of people keep inside for decorating purpose over here, I don't know about you in the US...

Sorry in French loll!
http://www.greenquest.com/mainvert/plantes/gplantes/yucca.htm

So would the elephantipes version of the yucca plant be the right one if I want to buy some, let it grow and then cut it?

Would you have any information on how to 'prepare' the plant so it is fine for the chins to chew?

Thanks!

I was just wondering which part of this yucca plant are you going to give to the chins? As far as I know, yucca is safe for them but I thought they are referring to the "yucca root". The plant you are referring to does not produce the yucca root although their flowers are edible but I don't know if they are safe for chins. The "yucca root" comes from a totally different plant that I've seen people give their chins.

Oh I see what you are talking about now. I'm thinking of a different yucca plant that is somewhat in the potato family and I always thought that this is what is being given to the chins because it does look like wood. I've never given my chins yucca since I don't know much about them. I supposed if you will grow them as houseplant, you would process the trunks just like any other wood?.

Back