your fave songs with violin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

chinchuckles
I play violin/electric violin in a band with some of my guy friends (guitar, bass,drums) and we're always looking for covers to do that have violin hidden in them :]

Anyone think of some good songs that have strings or the potential for strings in them? We have about 10 originals but people tend to like to hear covers at bars. Any suggestions are welcome! In the past we've covered: The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony", The Temptations "Ain't too proud to beg", Gym Class Heroes "Cookie Jar", Counting Crows "Mr. Jones", Biz Markee "just a friend", Shwayze "Corona and Lime" Coldplay "In my place", Outfield "your love", DMB "ants marching," Gloria Gaynor "I will survive" The Clash "should I stay or should I go"

I realize it's a random list but it's our band's style is to not really have a style. I myself love Andrew Bird, Defiance, Ohio, The Mountain Goats, Lily Allen...but I will play or listen to just about anything.

I'm partial to DMB...can't go wrong with Boyd and his electric violin! :)

Back