Your chin´s roster

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragsil

There might have been a thread like this a while ago but it seems that people are always getting new chins, so I was curious as to when people find that they wake up/go to sleep?

My three boys fit in perfectly with my life, every weekday I am up at 6am for classes or work and everybody is awake and waiting by the doors for some lovin' and hay and they wake up at about 4:30pm for more hay and sticks and continue to make a fuss until they come out for playtime and a cage clean at 6:30pm and get their final pats and scratches at 10:30 when I go to sleep. I'm wondering if this will change during summer since in my part of Sweden it is pretty much pitch black at 4pm every day this time of year.

My chin was from a pet store so I think he was used to being poked, and awake during the day.....he was in an open top enclosure so people would scoop him out all day long...
Now when we wake at 6 am hes is waking up too....

so he is up usually from 6-8 am then naps during the day....
hes seems to awake at noon....then nap....
6 pm is when we do out of cage time for exercise then we put him back in the cage after an hour or so sometimes he get to get out later...I always like to put new sticks or toys right before we go to bed so if he is up hes not bored....once in a while he will "bark" at 3 am in the middle of the night or of he hears me going to the bathroom...

Caboose was from a pet store, but she may just be eccentric. She hardly sleeps during the day, shuffling around her cage like a slug, goes crazy around 7pm and then zonks at midnight. Miette and Leeloo are pretty usual, active in the twilight hours and sleeping midday/midnight.

I keep telling Henry that chins aren't nocturnal. He is, though. If I get him out in the afternoon (5.00pm-8.00pm), he will wake up and play a little, but spends most of the time sleeping under my bed. He doesn't really wake up till 1.30am at the very earliest. I'm a night owl myself, but have had to become more so since I got him, he's just always been like that. One visit I made to see him at his breeder's was at 7.00pm, and he told me that his chins were starting to wake up around that time, which indeed they were...except Henry. At the time I was a little concered I'd picked a lazy chin, but nope, he's lively as anything once it reaches his preferred time. I should have been warned, heh.

My boys are definitely nocturnal. They wake up around 5 when I get home to say hello. It's a, I'm gonna say hello, grab some hay, chew this stick and go back to sleep. They wake up for good around 8 or 9. They go to bed around 8 or 9 in the morning. When I leave for work at 6:30 they're bouncing around like crazy. When I first got them I worked 7am to 7 pm, so I think they still operate around that schedule of mine.

My chinchillas are from two different breeders. I had them for only five weeks. At 6AM when I get up, they are a wake. They go in their little house around 7, than they sleep all day. I barely never see them awake during the day. At around 8PM they will sit on the house or shelves, but still sleep until around 10. Sometimes I give them play time in the bathroom or put them in the lower part of the cage so they can get used to the flying saucer. Even at night when they are awake, they don't do much other than sit around. I always thought, they be bouncing of the walls, playing with the toys, having a party....

Even at night when they are awake, they don't do much other than sit around. I always thought, they be bouncing of the walls, playing with the toys, having a party....

My boys don't start their parties til after I go to bed lol. If I'm down here they just sit and stare at me. I wake up to a wrecked chinchilla penthouse!! :party:

My girls are all up and ready to party by 8pm. I hear them running in their wheels, barking, etc. at all hours of the night but by 6am they are all passed out.

Ozzy wakes up around 10pm, it takes him about 30 min to get his stuff together but after that all bets are off, hes wall surfing, barking, pulling his house apart, moving his potty pan, ripping up his fleece ect. We wake up around 5:30am and hes still going! My computer is right by his cage so in the mornings i have my cup of coffee and hes talking to me while i check my facebook, email, and here. He will finally crash out about 8 and is out for the day. That is until mean mommy wakes him up to take pictures >=D. Then hes right back asleep lol.

I am so glad my boys all wake up pretty early at the same time since I'm an early bird! I'm surprised I didn't turn them into vampire day chins when I first got them, I woke them up all the time to be sure they were still ok and probably annoyed the heck out of them ;)

My little guy is awake every morning at 6:30 waiting on his scratches and stick. He sleeps most of the day and wakes up about 5pm. He plays real hard between 5 and 10, takes a nap and wakes again around 2 a.m. He stays on this schedule weather im home all day or not.

I get two alarms at 6 in the morning- first my phone alarm goes off, the second is ferdinand crashing down from his tube (where he sleeps) for his morning scritches, then he hopes back up and goes back to sleep.
Both of my guys are mainly awake during the evening, around 6ish but rip it up around 11 pm.

Vincenza usually sleeps until about 7-8 during the evening. God help you if you try and do anything in her cage before that. She gets very annoyed!

She's usually up until my husband goes to work and then sleeps throughout the day. If I fall asleep on the couch she usually starts peeping at me around 11:00 and again at 1:00am :)

Latest posts

Back