Yes, No, or Maybe So

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the feisty ferret. I have one of those. It worked for a while, but the bars are not the best strength. I had a Chin spin on ours and it broke one of the bars. I liked it while we used it, but I am much happier with our FN. If you are not pressed for time, try cruising craigslist for a FN (thats where I got our second one...75 bucks.). They are the same...but a lot better.

If you are pressed for time and money though, it is a decent cage.

that cage is horrible!!! i just got rid of mine..only one door opens on each level which limits your ability to try and get your animals and to rearrange and clean the cage..i wouldnt use that cage if someone gave it to me for free.

I wouldn't say it's horrible but I prefer my ferret nation.
One of the bars on my cage also broke just from my chin jumping on the shelf. I have 1 chin in there now & he is loving it but for the money the FNs are the way to go.

I have that cage and it is a good size for a smaller room. But, the welds on the bars are not strong and if you put a chin spin, plus the weight of a chin running, they will break. It is still good, though and we fixed the welds. I also have a FN and it is like night and day for quality and room. I just don't have room for the FN in that particular room.

That would be the ferret nation that everyone keeps mentioning. It is one section. That one section would be smaller than the Feisty Ferret, but it is high quality, you can open both doors, and you can always buy an add on for later if you decided you wanted more room.

You can check out this thread to see how people have them set up.
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134

How many chins do you want to put in the cage? A lot of people put two in that cage (including myself) and they have plenty of room.

for the extra 25 difference i would go for the ferret nation. especially because if you ever decide to expand, you can add on the 142 unit. the 141 comes with a bottom storage area & wheels. it is wider than the feisty ferret and way more sturdy, it just doenst have any "levels" but you could add tons of wood shelves and your chin would be thrilled.

I had two ferret nation 142's...yesterday I took the top half of one cage and made the other a 3 story..so if u look out on craigslist for a ferret nation it would be a great investment..im searching for another one so I can make my other single a 3 story lol...i highly recomend these cages to everyone and absolutely have NO complaints on the cage what so ever..i hope u decide to get the ferret nation. you can go wrong!

Latest posts

Back