Yelping noise when he poops

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarobear

Last 2 days i noticed that my little guy makes a yelping noise that sounds like a stuffed animal squeak when he poops. He also does this odd thing where he stands up on his hind legs or props up his butt as poop is coming out along with the yelping noise. It sounds like as though he is constipated or something is hurting him,

His poop size is inconsistent. Sometimes it'snormal and other times crumbly or sticks together. It's softer than usual yet I wouldn't consider it diarrhea. Other times its somewhat dry, crumbly and small.

He eats a lot of hay and I always hear him running on his wheel throughout the night so his energy level is good. I don't think that it's normal. I felt his abdomen and it doesn't feel like bloat but I gave him simethicone in case.

Is he drinking water? You may want to make sure his water bottle is working and mark it so you can make sure he is drinking. If it was me, with the weekend coming up soon I would try to get him (or at least a poop sample) in to his vet as soon as possible.

thank you for the replies. i hear him drinking water and see the water level in the bottle steadily decreasing. I see him eating all the time so his appetite remains unchanged. I picked him up just now and whenever I started to massage his belly which felt full, he would try to run away. I'm not sure if that's a sign of pain. He didnt poop much when i got home from work so I gave him simethicone and cisopride I had on hand. He started to poop in 10 minutes, large oval healthy looking poo. However, he continues to squeak each time poop comes out. The poop smells normal, not much odor. His poop did look a bit clumped...

I made a sat morning appointment with the vet. I'll cont with the simethicone and monitor his food intake. He has also been taking critical care from me with ease and is running on his wheel.

In the past, my malo chin also had the same problem. At the time, I associated with his lack of food intake. I've brought in my malo chins poop for microbial culture but they didnt find anything. Till this day, I still have no idea what those symptoms indicate. Hoping for answers on sat

Latest posts

Back