Wrong side of the wheel??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dust Fly

Does anyone else's chinchilla use the wrong side of the wheel? I have 15 inch chin spin in my cage and on numerous occasions I see my chinchilla using it the wrong way, lol.

Sierra will put all fours on the front of the cage and slowly walk herself up the outside of the wheel upside down. I don't have a photo but I will attach a well drawn diagram... Well it turns out I have no photoshop drawing abilities, haha.

Attachments

• sierra-diagram.jpg
    sierra-diagram.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 70
first off, that drawing is amazing lol:rofl:
second off, I have chins that kinda do this, but backwards. Such as enjoys running with their front feet up the outside of the wheel, or jumping on top of the wheel and trying to log roll style the wheel...

silly things....but your style would be a first for me

Laura (chinchillafrenzy) had a boy who did that, she even had a video of him using his wheel "backwards" - such silly chins.
~Barb~

I've had some that tried to run on the top.. and some that would wedge themselves between the wheel and the wall!

oh my... your picture is great!!! I just wanted to say that your "not drawn to scale" note cracked me up a lot!!

My chin had tried to do that when she was first introduced to the wheel. After she graduated to running inside of the wheel, she couldn't figure out how to get out of the wheel when it was spinning. She ended up tumbling out of it many times until she figured out she could slow down on the running and then move out. Chins are so funny :d

I was going to say the same thing about the not drawn to scale, Sesame.

My chinchillas sometimes feel the need to wedge themselves between the top of the wheel and the bottom of their shelf. I guess it's still getting use, right?

I have had chins try to run on the wheels from the top also - I have chins also 'hide' out behind the wheel. I have also had 2 chins on a wheel, each tying to go the opposite way and going nowhere until one jumps off in fustration

:rofl:i want you to draw my next tattoo!
My chins dont do that but i would probably laugh at them and tell everyone that my chins are just very special lol

Bria did that alll the time in her old cage. It was where she went when she got spooked...not her house but on the side of her wheel.

Love the drawing...not to scale :rofl:

oh my... your picture is great!!! I just wanted to say that your "not drawn to scale" note cracked me up a lot!!

Agreed! I have no drawing skills either, so I'm sure mine wouldn't be any better! :hilarious:

LOL that drawing is great! I have 1 chinchilla that does that exact thing, his wheel is pretty close to the side so he will climb up like in your picture and sit there for like 5 minutes then when he is done, he will climb to the top and slide down the other side! I am glad he isn't the only weird one.

My other chinchilla only uses his for running, he tried to climb on top of his once and when he realized it was moving he jumped off quick, he looked scared to death! haha

One of mine does that. He climbs the side and sits on top of the wheel which of course goes rolling and he comes crashing down. At the beginning they would hide under the wheel but we lowered it so we would have no accidents.

Back