Write for a chinchilla blog?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrynight0621

A month ago I subscribed to the chinchilla newsletter from Small Pet Select (http://smallpetselect.com/). I noticed twice their newsletters contained errors.

The first showed a picture of an edible hiding log, which is full of sugar. The second recommended feeding chins fresh vegetables, fruits and nuts. Both times, I contacted them to point out the error.

I got this response:
"Thank you for your message. We removed the post after seeing your feedback. Actually you are causing us to rethink a little about how to approach the blog. In the future, what we would like to make the most general points through the blog that will be valuable to the majority of people. But also, because chinchillas are not as common as other small pets, along with the fact that best nutrition practices definitely seem to have conflicting advice depending on where you look, it’s really important to us that the most knowledgable community members contribute. That way our site can evolve along with the latest and most up-to-date opinions of those in the know. If you’d be interested in sharing your knowledge with others in the form of a guest post then we’d love to hear from you. And any more information you’d like to share in regards to the nutrition post would be great."

Unfortunately, I am not a chinchilla expert and don't have time to write for this website. But if anyone here is interested, I figured I'd pass the news along!

Wow, I didn't even notice all the errors on that.

Maybe they just shouldn't write about chinchillas if they don't know much about them?

I found out about them on facebook. I "liked" their page to get a free chinchilla sticker. It's really cute, it says "I love my" and has a picture of a chinchilla.

Well, I just spent the past hour going through and commenting on everything that I felt the need to comment on. What's interesting was that the infographic didn't match the info they had in various articles throughout the site and the site was actually a lot more accurate than I was expecting. I'd even give them about 70% accuracy. THEN I read that they had AC listed as "an option" rather than a requirement. I flipped. They'll love me in the morning. :))

That being said, I would recommend writing for them if they agreed to reeducate their resident "chinchilla expert".

Last edited:
Back