would a "cat playpen" work for my chin??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cat playpen seems fine except your chin may chew on the plastic shelves. As well, without any base wall guards, beddings may fly out of the cage easily. Here is an image of one of my cage setting for your reference:

Attachments

• DSC01260.jpg
    DSC01260.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 25
I bought that very same cage to use as a cage for for feral kittens that I was bottle raising(of course now they are mousers at the barn and love people)! I won't even suggest it for cats though.Everyone was fine for a few weeks in there until they were old enough to start really exploring and climbing.Then one night at feeding time one of the boys had his toe hung in the flexible space where the top folds over and locks.He was literally dangling in the air stuck by his toe screaming with his brother and sisters trying to climb him!! After I was able to free him I had a few stressful hours making sure not only that his foot wasn't broken but also no nerve/tissue damage to the foot/pad. Okay I zip tied and reinforced the top.Later in the same week his brother got his foot hung through the space between two panels at corner.Unfortunately it broke one of his little toes.Now when I see any of those(and they are common, esp with cat rescues) I make sure to tell them to give up the folding storage convenience and put metal cage clips on all connections otherwise get rid of them for the safety of their animals.

If you look at the reviews for that cage, quite a few people said they had to have their cat's toes amputated because of it!

Latest posts

Back