Worst day of my life

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittneyk13

Daisy🌺
This morning I had to put down my baby turbo...he was neutered Thursday and I woke up to him laying there with his intestines out. I am beyond sad I can't believe this. I am so mad at myself for doing this to him. I just hope he is in chinchilla heaven and will forgive me. I will always love him.

Sorry for your loss may he RIP. I have had chins neutered never had complications (knock-on-wood). When they get back home they are eating, drinking, and hopping around. I don't know what happened with your chin but truly sorry you went through that.

Oh No! I am so sorry. Poor baby. If it is any consolation, I think the vet screwed up. From the bits and pieces I've picked up, they must have gone in abdominally and left exposed stitches. Neuters are done with 2 small holes on each side of the anus and there is no way this could have happened unless it was an abdominal incision. There were never any exposed stitches for the chins to chew at when I had mine done either. Again, so so sorry.

Thanks for all the support everyone! It has been a terrible day :,( I can't get that image out of my mind

I am so so so so sorry!!! This must be so hard for you! :'( I am praying you will find peace in this... You were just trying to do what was best, it's not your fault! RIP little Turbo!

Our sincerest condolences. I would speak to the vet, and also warn others in your community never to use that veterinarian for their chin chills. Males are so much less complicated to neuter than females, and what they must have done is awful.

I am sure you will see your boy again some day at the Rainbow Bridge, he's there now bouncing off things, happy and whole again.

She didn't say there was an abdominal opening... he could have rectally prolapsed which would not be at anyones fault. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Back