Working from home?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillygizmo

My kids have 4 feety's
Hi all,
Lately I have been entertaining the idea of finding a position with which I can work from home. I am interested in people who do work from home, what do you do?

I worked from home for hsn for a while answering calls which basically consisted of placing orders for people. The money was good and I enjoyed not having to waste gas to go to work or worry about being late on breaks or getting dressed up, it was nice but I got extremely bored with it. If you can tolerate sitting at a desk for hours talking on the phone then you can do it. I just got way to bored to sit there for 6 hours or more.

Lately I have been entertaining the idea of finding a position with which I can work from home. I am interested in people who do work from home, what do you do?
I worked from home for almost two years doing IT maintenance and website building/design. The work itself was stimulating and I did very well but it was very lonely and I just wasn't happy.

I work for a company now and love it. Even though the money is the same and I'm spending a lot more in gas and car maintenance I'm just happier working with people.

If you have any skills in programming, billing or website design there are a lot of opportunities to work from home. :))

I work from home as an Education Program Manager. I manage the customer, sales and partner education plan for my company's mainframe business. My office isn't that far away, but the company offers flexible work plans, especially for those who've been with them for a while. Before this position I also worked from home doing product marketing for the same company. I enjoy working from home, and don't miss the commute, or dressing up, or having to think about lunch plans.

I work from home and I am a Manager of Consumer Operations, but I basically manage the launch process of physician led programs for a small health and wellness company. It's a lot of project management, some marketing, lots of herding cats. I love working from home. Get up, put on whatever, no commute and I can get laundry done or set a crockpot. It does get a little boring but I talk on the phone or chat a lot. Plus now that I am expecting it was great during the morning sickness, and will be good once baby gets here.

I'm a trainer for the National Railroad account for United Health Group. For the most part when I am not having to travel to other states for site visits I work from home and love it.

I nap on my breaks.

Hmmm. These all sound fun...but I have no qualifications for any of them

Just wanted to throw in here, that I have a friend who used to work from home. He works for Aetna insurance company. He reviewed health claims and did investigation. He absolutely loved it and did it for like 5 years. You can do your work anytime of the day as long as you put your 8 hours in. He still works for Aetna, but got a promotion so now he goes to the office.

i wish i could find something to do at home, work wise. but there are so many scams out there! seems all i've come across is some 'program' that wants you to buy a kit, or pay a registration fee.

I would also love to work from home, since I am a stay at home mom and a little extra income would be so helpful. But I agree that it is hard to know what is legit work and what is a scam.

There's a lot of things you can do from home by yourself, and not with a company. Freelance writing and copy-editing are a couple that come to mind in which you don't necessarily need any special skill or training. I have a lot of friends who do freelance graphic design, but of course you would need to know something about design and communication (not that that stops a whole lot of people - there's some really BAD design out there.)

I would check out elance.com or freelancer.com. I've never had any luck there in the design sections, but it's worth a shot!

You might try suggesting it for "normal" jobs - not sure what your qualifications are but you could definitely see if an employer would be open to it no matter what the field. We have sales people, dietitians, RNs, etc that are all remote because that's our culture. When I did RFPs I was a proposal writer and could work at home if I wanted - some on our team were remote and worked from home full time. There it was kind of up to your manager and if it made sense for your role.

Hmmm. I have a graduate degree in social work and a license to practice.. not sure what type of at home work that would qualify me for. Hmmph

Latest posts

Back