Woohoo!! First kit born here!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovableFuzziezandCrawliez

Chinchilla Obsession!
My first kit born from my breeders I am so excited!! HURRAY!!!!

Little Isabella - Bella for short - is a light ebony! She weighs 56.7 grams and is a little bundle of energy!!

Here's some pics!!

Edited to say: that's her mom Mia in the second pic - purchased from Carleen at Exquisite Ebonies.

Attachments

• post-59-1238443203_thumb.jpg
    post-59-1238443203_thumb.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 123
  • post-59-1238443130_thumb.jpg
    post-59-1238443130_thumb.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 123
Awe. congrats she is so cute! Nice size too. It would not let me click on the pictures to make them bigger, but she is cute nonetheless!

Congrats.. she's a sweetie. Your scale must be a lot better than mine to give you fractions of a gram. I'm surprised you were able to get her to stay still enough, babies are always such a handful.

Congrats.. she's a sweetie. Your scale must be a lot better than mine to give you fractions of a gram. I'm surprised you were able to get her to stay still enough, babies are always such a handful.

It's actually a cheap model that we got from London Drugs. I have been looking for a better one - like the kind vets use. I just assumed that most of them gave that sort of reading! Maybe my scale isn't as crappy as I thought!

She actually sat very still, I was impressed! She's getting very squirmy as the day goes on though... I probably couldn't get her to sit that still again :)

Thanks everyone!

Bella is doing very well thanks to her mommy's great care! Mia get's a little cranky whenever she sees me - I always get the panic squak whenever I walk in front of her cage :err: - but she let's me handle Bella. Bella is a sweetheart to handle, she will fall asleep in my hands while I stroke her head. I hope she stays this friendly and doesn't get an attitude like her mommy ;)

She's now a full day old and is doing great!

Congrats on your new baby.. The first one is always so exciting.. try to leave the little one with mom as much as you can esp in the beginning.. I know its hard because you are excited.. Again congrats

Back