Wood stuck on teeth, help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheena lee

Abby had a little wood toy she was playing with, and one of the beads was a like a donut shaped wood piece... Somehow she managed to get it stuck on her bottom teeth! I'm not sure how long it's been there, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there this morning, and she's eaten a fair amount of food today... So I'm thinking it was fairly recent...

What should I do? Should I try to get it off? We tried a bit but she squirms and we don't want to hurt her... She seems really bothered by it being stuck, and I'm pretty sure it'll prevent her from eating...

HELP!! D:

Nevermind!!! I managed to get it off by getting a good hold of it, Abby pulled her head away and it came off. We had to hold her down really well, I feel sad for her, I hope we didn't traumatise her too much.

Last edited:
We gave her a treat while she was wrapped up in her chinnie burrito, I think she was so glad to have her mouth liberated that she seemed okay with us!

She also ate a little bit, poor thing was probably getting hungry. I'm glad I found it tonight and not tomorrow morning!

I can't even begin to imagine the panic if I found one of our chinchillas like this! I'm glad you found her and were able to remove it. It's also an important reminder to everyone that no toy is ever 100% safe. Keep an eye on your chinchillas so you know if there is a problem.

Latest posts

Back