Wood shelves and hanging chews in!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyzarandGemma

Chinchilla Enthusiasts!
So I went to Ace Hardware to get some wire to hang all of that beautiful wood that I had died to make some hanging chews. We also ordered a hanging star from Camphor Chins (Alli) to hang in the cage as well!

We bought some wood at Ace Hardware and followed the DIY here on CnH. We built and inserted many shelves, and we have 3 spares!

Here's the cage so far. All we are waiting on now is our Fleece stuff from Alli! :) We are SO excited!!

Here's the whole cage:
img_0203.jpg

Here's the top shelf with Alli's shooting star and with a FLYING!!! Enterprise:
img_0200.jpg

The bottom shelf with my home-made hanging chews and House #2 wood-burned! (It says "Space... the final frontier")
img_0205.jpg

More pics on our site (Click on the signature)

Let me know what you all think! :)

Oh thanks!! Myzar (Ian) spent a lot of time making it and I wood burned and made her fly. Definitely our favorite part of the cage!

You've done a great job! I like the wire you put around the cage as well; not a bad idea!

It looks great! I'm hoping mine turns out just as well! I feel like it takes forever to get everything, especially when you have to get it from so many different places! :-/ Did you use the metal Bass pans everyone is talking about? If so, do they just automatically come in the size of the Ferret Nation cages? I have a 182 coming in the mail tomorrow! Also, when are you guys getting your chinchillas?! :eek:)

NiftyKat: We ordered the bass pans and they came specifically outfitted for the 182. I think they ran us around $70 with shipping and handling. I like them a lot! They fit nice and tight and they're deep! Hopefully less poop will get on the floor that way :)

I love our FN 182, so I hope you love yours too! We are getting our Chins on March 17. I am so excited though because we should be getting updated pictures soon!!!

I will be getting mine some time in April! I have a deposit down on one right now, and my other has yet to be born. :eek:P I've just been going crazy trying to make sure I get everything all set up and what not. I've literally owned almost every pet possible besides chinchillas and rats. I've wanted a chinchilla for years, and after my guinea pig Patches passed away I decided it was time. Have you ever owned chinchillas before? Where are you guys getting yours? :eek:)

We are getting ours from Cornellia (Cuddle Bug Chinchillas) She has been really helpful. We live out on the West Coast and she is one town away from my grandma, which is awesome! We had a PetSmart chinchilla before these two that passed away from ill-breeding. It was super sad and unfortunate.

Hey, guys! I was planning on getting pictures today but we had to make an emergency trip to the doctor with the hubby so that got messed up. I will do my best to get them tomorrow. You will get an email from me tomorrow, whether or not I get the pictures done.

I love this cage set up so so much! <3 Star Trek. Makes me wish I had the ability an tools to make something like this! Good job!

Back