Wood Bedding to Fleece Liners..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blarklark

Hey guys,
How would you convert a cage from wood chips to fleece liners? My chin has a Hammock that he uses and does not chew. Which is AWESOME.. but I'm thinking that I want to do the liner deal.. rather then the wood chips. :)

Anything I should know about? or watch for during this switch?

Our chin was in a cage with the pine bedding before we got her from the breeder. I didn't do anything special to switch her to fleece liners. I just have a square cake pan with the pine in it and she automatically used it for peeing. Of course, the poops are everywhere else in the cage, but they can't control that.

I emptied the pan of the wood shavings, cleaned it and then put in the fleece. I also have a metal square dish I put wood shavings in that my chins use to pee in. Sometimes they pee on the fleece, but for the most part they go in the pan.

I switched from wire, to wood then found out that was a mess and then moved to fleece in a two week period. My chin doesn't chew fleece so its great!

I used to use carefresh, then went to aspen and then to fleece. Never had any problems with switching. I also used to use pans filled with aspen and the liners but I got tired of cleaning up the aspen from my floor, that I ALWAYS spilled when cleaning their cage... so now I am on to just liners and it works fine for me

Back