Wobbly Silver Surfer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelyco

Fur Flavored
I just received my purple Silver Surfer today, and the girls already love it, even though they have a Chin Spin as well.

I'm a little worried though - the wheel is not parallel to the metal back support, and it wobbles really bad when they run on it.

I just wanted to see if this is normal for others who have it, if it's something I can fix (and how), or if I should contact the company?

A picture is attached that you can see the slant compared to the horizontal bars, and I took a short video of Pearl running on it so you can see the wobble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=191oVqYOcH8

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC00394.jpg
    DSC00394.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 38
Had the identical problem when I got mine. They get out of alignment in shipping.

You have to set the wheel on a flat table facing up, so it's on the mounting side. You then need to spin the wheel and push down in the high spots till it's even all around. It's very light weight aluminum and takes very little pressure to bend back into round.

This is the advice I got from the company. I hate fixing things and it did work for even me.

Latest posts

Back