Wisconsin MCBA show October 13

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for posting, Brenda! And thank you to all who attended. Wonderful numbers for both entries and number of participants. We SO appreciate your support!! Those Ohio folks really bring it... :)

Hope to see everyone at the Wisconsin ECBC Spring Field Day in April!!

It was so great to see everyone yesterday. I had a blast. Thank you everyone that had purchase some toys. I cant wait till April...

Sorry I could not make it but I was having to much fun out working in the pouring down rain and 40 degree temps yesterday. Glad to see you all had a good show and that Wendy has a Sapphire male ready for me!

Had an awesome time at this show, one of my favorites - thanks to Brenda for putting up with me at the awards table!

Yesterday was a good breeder day, today not so much....just finished cleaning cages after getting home at 2 am, didn't get to bed until 3:30 am after putting all the animals away and checking on everybody! Woke up at the crack of dawn as always despite the late bedtime and started on my chin chores after 2 cups of joe. Halfway through when I found one of my best National show prospects with a prolapsed rectum! Just when you think things are going well - life comes back to bite you in the butt!!!

I just wanted to give a special note of thanks to Jessica Godin! She is the one who bred the white I brought not me so she deserves special kudos!!!!!

Another note of thanks to Bobbie's Chinchillas for donating that cute little Black!!! His name is Chance (go figure)! :)

I am sooooo sorry to hear about your chin Juanita... Don't let it steal your thunder! You deserve to enjoy it!!!

Thank you soooooo much Cheryl for letting me tag along! Without you I'd have never been able to do the drive myself!

I was also soooooooo happy that I got to meet soooooooo many new chin people. I had a ton of fun shooting the breeze with all of you!!!!

Making the trip was definitely worth the effort!!!

Last edited:
Congrats to all. Nice win Juanita! And sorry to hear about your animal. It's always the nicest animals that have problems.

Thanks Kyle (and everyone else)! BTW the GSC was my female that took RGSC at the Ohio Field Day this past May behind your beautiful beige GSC! RYX A23's mother was GSC at the 2011 Ohio Field Day and she died this February after littering a breedback litter of trips. Only one kit survived that birth and I showed her as well yesterday. Unfortunately she had to go head to head with her beautiful big sister and had to settle for a 1st Place. I'll take it since they are the only two I have out of their beautiful mother!

With such nice showing in the past two generations, I am anxious to see what they give me...now to find the perfect male for them, hmmm...

Got back at 4am, woke up at 2pm, feel like road kill. It was a fun show, got to be a handler for the first half, would like to learn to do points next show. Picked up a gorgeous BD from Mark and a beautiful EB from Wendy, thanks! Jeoff was hilarious and cracked me up several times. Thanks for going with me Rhonda, you were a big help! Juanita's animals were awesome, I would like to order (2) #15's with a side of #13, (sorry about the other chin, Juanita). CONGRATULATIONS to everyone! Thankfully Juanita did not take a close up picture of me at the end of the show after no sleep like last time (not that I know of...)

OOOOHHH By the way I forgot to mention that anyone outside of WI who ever travels there needs to make it a point to try CHEESE CURDS!!! YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMYYYYY!

I'm home in Denver, safe and sound.

I had such a fun time again this year!!! I met lots of new people and saw some old friends!!! The chins were GORGEOUS!!! and I could have snuggled each and everyone of them, if only I had been allowed!!! Thanks to Bobbie for letting me love that little sapphire that won the Baby Derby. Even Mark Miller let me snuggle a little Blue Diamond kit!!! SCORE!!!

Congratulations to everyone who attended and showed such wonderful chins. It was great to see everyone again. I missed the Troll/Fall Festival, but it was still a great weekend, in spite of the heavy rain. I'm already watching airfares for the April Show...

Photos of the show

I worked the awards table so don't have a lot of photos of the judging but this is what I do have:

A few of the chins caged before the show and grooming and Jim grooming a beige.

Attachments

• DSC_0582.jpg
    DSC_0582.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0585.jpg
    DSC_0585.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0589.jpg
    DSC_0589.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0593.jpg
    DSC_0593.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0595.jpg
    DSC_0595.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 31
More photos

Jeoff taking his grooming very seriously! Lol!!! He was an entertaining travelling companion and has great animals!

A couple of Brenda trying to hide from the camera, while she and Wendy groom.

Cheryl and a few other exhibitors (I am sorry I don't know your names) looking at animals before judging starts.

Attachments

• DSC_0596.jpg
    DSC_0596.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0597.jpg
    DSC_0597.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0598.jpg
    DSC_0598.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0599.jpg
    DSC_0599.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0600.jpg
    DSC_0600.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 37
Even more photos

Top of the table.

Reserve Beige Male.

Grand Show Champion.

Sorry I don't have more. I took the few before the show and then didn't have time to take any before they tore down the show. My friend took the few of the top animals. Hope someone has more photos to share.

Attachments

• DSC_0601.jpg
    DSC_0601.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0614.jpg
    DSC_0614.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for the pictures, Juanita! (Except of the ones of me, of course. ;))

If anyone had more pictures to share, please post! I think I have a few, too. I'll try to get them up today.
If anyone would like to share their pictures with me to post on the MCBA Facebook page, please email them to me at [email protected]

Congrats, again, Juanita, on your win! So sorry to hear about the one back home. Always so frustrating when things like that happen.

Does anyone know or have contact information for the person that made and donated to the raffle the chinchilla pottery mug? First of all, I would like to thank her and secondly - I love it and was looking to have additional items made if possible. I was going to buy the two items that she had for sale but unfortunately could not get away from the awards table to purchase them before she decided to donate those items to the raffle as well - at least I won the first mug - a great consolation prize for me!!!

Latest posts

Back