Wisconsin MCBA show October 13

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have dust flying everywhere. Pulling the air purifier out hahaha. They are in dust heaven

Lol...I got home from work and found the dust bath on the floor next to the cage. o_O Someone got bored well mom was at work and made a huge mess. :p I should know better than putting the dust bath on top of the cage. Thank God for shopvacs!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

WOO HOO!!! Shahna, you're going to have a blast!!!

Are any of the other Cali Girls coming???

This show and last year's Cali show are THE MOST FUN shows that I have attended, so far!!!

Lots of great people, gorgeous chins and great raffle prizes!!!

Are you flying into Madison on Friday??? If so, what time??? I went ahead and rented a car since I still hadn't had any offers to pick me up. I'd be happy to have you join me. Also, any interest in sharing a room with 2 queen beds??? Let me know... :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see you again!!!

Fantastic to have you joining us, Shahna! I better go comb again...there is a lot of pressure to show up with something worthy of these plane fares! ;)

Lynn - I am flying RT in/out of Milwaukee. I plan on purchasing animals when I am there and its the only flight that I can get back to Sacramento early (for temperature reasons) on Sunday -- via the airline I am transporting the animals on.

No, I will not be showing at this one. I've got the CA show the following weekend. Hoping to pick up some nice animals at the show and/or in the silent auction. Coming with room for about 10 extra animals, other than what I've already committed to :)

I'm so looking forward to this show! :D Ribbons are ordered, just placed the trophy order this morning... now if only I had some extra time to spend in the barn.. sigh...

Can't wait to see all of you!

I'll be there, I've never been to a show but I live in Madison and can't pass this up! I'm genuinely curious about all that you guys do to show all of your chins! What goes on for you guys that bring animals to show?

I will be going to the show! As far as showing wellll we'll see if I don't mess up the grooming part ;)

But I do have a few chins to pick up - so I'll be there!

I'll be there, I've never been to a show but I live in Madison and can't pass this up! I'm genuinely curious about all that you guys do to show all of your chins! What goes on for you guys that bring animals to show?

The really glamorous part is getting up at 3 in the morning to drive to the show then combing all the little fuzz butts ONE MORE TIME! LOL! Let's not forget the anxiety of holding your breath to see how the judge places them and what the comments are...Actually, it's a lot more fun than I let on. :)

I pre-groom, dust daily until about 2 days before the show depending on humidity, just obsess over them in general then drive down, turn in my paperwork, groom some more, marvel at how well Brenda grooms, move to a hidden corner to groom without an audience to make fun of me, drool over evryone else's chins, tuck mine in their show cages and pray no one bounces himself off the table (WI 2006-first show ever) liberates herself from the show cage TWICE and runs around on the floor (ECBC National 2012), or rolls in her show cage ON the judging table (Heartland ECBC 2010-but she earned Grand Show Standard any way that little devil!). Then I animal handle so I can keep moving and not drive everyone crazy (just Brent!). I'm not a good "sitter"!

Perhaps not the details you were anticipating...I blame sleep deprivation! :dance3:

Haha! I really enjoyed your take on it all. I really did want to know how you guys feel being ones showing your animals! I can relate this to audition weekends (I was a Flute performance major) where you find a corner to warm up in (so other people auditioning dont "eves drop" on how you sound), and then when it's your time to be judged you don't want to make a fool of yourself (a few times I felt like a chin trying to escape a cage!).

I'm excited to come and learn more about this side of chin ownership and just see some beautiful fuzzies!

How exciting we have so many new people interested in coming to the show! :D
If you love chins, you'll love coming to shows as much as the rest of us do. It is a lot of work preparing the animals beforehand and setting up, getting the show running, etc., but it is so much fun to see old friends and meet new ones - and of course see how your chins stack up against everyone else's chins. It gives you an idea of what to work on for the next season and the chance to add some nice herd improvement animals to your herd to try and get there next year.

How exciting we have so many new people interested in coming to the show! :D
If you love chins, you'll love coming to shows as much as the rest of us do. It is a lot of work preparing the animals beforehand and setting up, getting the show running, etc., but it is so much fun to see old friends and meet new ones - and of course see how your chins stack up against everyone else's chins. It gives you an idea of what to work on for the next season and the chance to add some nice herd improvement animals to your herd to try and get there next year.

Now this is a well composed, refined answer from our WI President! Well stated, B! Obviously you are getting more sleep than I am, and have that well-rested, cheery vibe going. Your cheerfulness is something I aspire to, and since it's the weekend I think by about 10 am tomorrow I might achieve it! :thumbsup: NOTE: no one phone me before 10 am tomorrow! I will be sleeping! (Right: tell that to the Doberman...)

I, too, love seeing everyone and talking chinnies. No adding herd improvement animals though. I have to control myself! Juanita, that does not mean I am not seizing Gideon and hustling him north! The boy goes home with ME! ;)

4 weeks until show time! Woooooohoooooooo! This weekend, I comb!

Juanita, that does not mean I am not seizing Gideon and hustling him north! The boy goes home with ME! ;)

Wendy - Gideon has decided that he does not want to be a "Cheesehead", that WI is just waaaaayyyyy too cold for him and that he has gotten so used to scritches and snuggling with me that you couldn't possibly have enough time to give him the lovin' that he has become accustomed to! He almost begged me not to let him go!

I sat down and had a long talk with him and he has decided to give it a go as long as you promise to treat him even better than you do your own Diva's! He expects daily scritches and lovin"....if you feel that you can handle such a demanding little man then he is willing to give it a go! You may have to throw a little heater in to sweeten the deal! I just don't know how you all live up there!

So I got smart and tried to take Friday off to get some sleep before my usual midnight drive. Well my day off was denied because too many took it off lol. I tried. I'll be wired on coffee again like usual

Latest posts

Back