Windows 7

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

So, I'm eligiable to upgrade to it because I bought a laptop in July. I've read mixed feelings about it on a lot of websites.. some saying it's going to be awesome, some saying it's not worth it. Anyone upgrading?

We just finally upgraded to Vista. Eventually we'll upgrade to 7, but not for a couple years....after they get all (well, most) of the kinks out.

I you're happy with Vista, don't mess with it. Only upgrade if you have an issue with Vista that is resolved with Windows 7 or if you don't really mind dealing with all the issues a new Microsoft operating system is bound to have and want to try it out.

So I went to Microsoft to look at what changes they made with Windows 7...honestly, I don't see a whole lot of improvements. A lot of the things their promo videos showed were things that Vista already does.

The most significant change for me is that Windows 7 is supposed to be less of a resource hog and (in theory) should run faster than Vista on the same hardware. Oh, and you can turn off the stupid alerts that pop up in the corner from time to time.

I'd wait until its officially released and let everyone else find the issues that it has. Then try it out on someone else's computer. If you like it, go for it.

Latest posts

Back