Will she be lonely?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickster

One of my bonded pair passed a few days ago. And the survivng female is the shy one and seems to be ok. They were bonded for over 4 years without any issue. Do you think she would need a friend in the future? To fill that void. I don't see them very much during the school year so my dad takes care of her. And he just does the basics and stuff. I figured I could give her until summer and see how she is,to just give her some time.

I have some chins that were bonded for years until their cage mate died. I tried putting them together or with a new cage mate which didn't work. My opinion since you're going to school and your dad is watching her I'll just keep her as a single chin.

She will be okay. It will take some adjusting. I have a single male chin and I bought him a cuddlebuddie made my Annieo here on the forum. She has a facebook page called "Chinchic". Check it out. He loves to snuggle with it. You could also just fill her cage with lots of toys to keep her busy. Have your dad spend a little extra time with her until she gets used to being by herself. I think she will do okay. Once you get home in the summer, you could see if getting her a friend would be a good choice.

Latest posts

Back