Will humidity changes affect her health?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lishreese

Hi everyone, so I was wondering what effect air humidity changes can have on my little one's health. Bella and I are visiting my parents and their house is always very dry this time of year because of their heating system. She's been here before and she likes it just fine, but she's never been here during this time of year. Dry air sometimes makes me sick, so I'm really nervous about her getting a URI because I know those are so bad. She is young and healthy and I make sure she has everything she needs, but I still worry. And if this is a risk, is there anything that I can do to make sure she doesn't get sick? Like how we can drink a lot of orange juice to boost our immune system, anything like that?

i would be more concerned with a higher humidity, as that can cause fungus issues in chins.

keep an eye on her feet and ears for dryness. if you see them overly dry, then rub a little bag balm or vitamin e (from a liquid capsule) on. other than that, i don't foresee any issues with dry air and chins. humidity should always be low with chins anyway.

the dry air may be causing havoc with your sinuses, but dry air will not give you a cold - that requires a virus to be transmitted to you by someone else.

Latest posts

Back