wild grapevine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking grapevine is grape wood. My chins like grapewood and i bought a perch they like.

I give my chins either grape vine or apple wood almost every day.

Yes, the love grapevine. I make my own wreaths and stuff sometimes, but not now with my horrible nail-less thumb! OUCH!

Just be sure where the grapevine is coming from hasn't been sprayed with chemicals (pesticides or fungicide), and if its not on your property, you have permission to cut it. There was a news article a few years ago of people harvesting wild grape vines on game preserves to use for making crafts, and they were pretty harshly prosecuted.
(not that i think you would do that, but for others who may read this and think "ok, free grapevines!")

My father lets me trim back his concord grapevines in early spring, and again after the first hard frost in the fall. My chinnies LOVE the grape wood & vines. We planted them ourselves, and my dad has owned the property 35yrs, so we know the plants are safe :)
~Barb~

Just be sure where the grapevine is coming from hasn't been sprayed with chemicals (pesticides or fungicide), and if its not on your property, you have permission to cut it. There was a news article a few years ago of people harvesting wild grape vines on game preserves to use for making crafts, and they were pretty harshly prosecuted.
(not that i think you would do that, but for others who may read this and think "ok, free grapevines!")

My father lets me trim back his concord grapevines in early spring, and again after the first hard frost in the fall. My chinnies LOVE the grape wood & vines. We planted them ourselves, and my dad has owned the property 35yrs, so we know the plants are safe :)
~Barb~

I can so see someone like, what, it is for my chin!? That is not stealing. Or wild raspberry wood or something too!

My mom's friend just chopped down a pecan and an apple tree and is sending that and an apple tree to me for just shipping costs and a little bit for her time. I can't wait to make perches and sticks for the furkids!

Back