Why so many poops?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkpiggy1989

'No they're not bunnies'
I asked this question before, and got no response. :( But I've noticed within the past month or so, my chins have been pooping almost TWICE as much as usual. The color, size, or hardness hasn't changed, and there is no odor. The only thing I have been doing different is putting rose hip powder on top of their food, and I have also been feeding whole rose hips and oats once or twice a week. Could those be the culprits? And is them pooing more harming them in some way, or just making a bigger mess for me to clean? :neener:

The more poo the better and just so you know, LOL, What do chinchillas do? They chew and poo, that's what they do!

It is a grand conspiracy...just like as soon as you are finished vacuming or cleaning they poop twice as much.... It is just a bigger mess to clean which is their sole purpose in life

Ditto!!! Happy+ healthy chins=pounds of poo pellets!!!Chins are just like horses and donkeys,they have a unique ability to take a small amount of food and multiply it at least x3 in poop!!

Just look at it as more fertilizer for your house plants, and your neighbor's house plants, and your friends' house plants, and your family's house plants, etc....

I always wonder how they poo so much and are still fat lil creatures. I swear mine must poo twice as much as they weigh lol.

Back