Why is Lola doing potty on the sofa ??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siany

The other night at playtime Lola came and sat on the sofa (she usually watches tv on the back) I saw her lean down and wondered what she had done, when i went to check she ran off but she did do a wee on the sofa. This is unlike her as she usually goes in her cage and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas why she is doing this, she will wee on Dottys back every now and then, i think its a dominance issue with Dotty though as Lola will only do this when Dotty starts to be bossy. Could it be the same thing with the sofa ??

I know this but in the 3 years i have had her she has always gone inside her cage, this is a new development for her, Dotty i wouldnt blink if she did it but Lola.....

Also if something new is the the room she tends to circle it and wee on it. She stands on her back legs to do this.

perhaps she's marking her territory? i'm unfamiliar with female chinchillas, but she might be demonstrating her dominance or claiming what's hers.

in the 7 months that i've had rutherford, he has never peed on my carpet. somehow he knows that peeing can only be done inside his cage or where aspen shavings are available.

Lola used to only wee in her cage but since her and Dotty have been together she seems to wee in things every now and then, I think you might be right rutherford about territory though.... strange little things lol

Tribble has "relieved" himself on my couch more than a few times. I have to keep an eye on him when he's out of his playpen. Don't know why he chooses to do it there. He has a dish with bedding in his playpen and he usually goes in that when he is inside his playpen.

I think it could be about claiming things (marking) for their own.
One of my boys, Hades, has more than once happily relieved himself on my husband's pants while in the playpen (and in the presence of the other boys). This was a shocker to the hubby and I, because Hades had never done such thing before, until we figured that Hades must have felt intimidated by the other (new) chins in the pen and just wanted to mark us as his humans, LOL. I still giggle about these 'accidents' but hubby was not impressed :laughitup:

Lol, its the look on her face when she knows ive seen her do it :p she runs off and hides like she knows it should be in the cage. There was an empty bag on the floor that my neice left once and Lola did a poo ring around the bag i got a video somewhere :D Even though its a little wierd it is still fun to watch hehe.

I dont have an answer for your potty problem but I just wanted to say, our chinchillas have the same names!
I spell mine different though. I have a Dottie and a Lolah :))

Back