Why fleece?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinnmyheart

I notice pictures of all your cages has fleece on the bottom instead of putting pine shaving. Why and how does it work??

For me... It's cost effective, less messy, looks nicer, they don't eat it, and is easier to clean. I love that I can simply vacuum out the poops between changings, and twice a week the liners simply go into the wash and a new one goes in. Quick and easy. I love that there are no shavings all over the floor, especially since the girls are in my living room where my dogs also are and can eat whatever flies out of the cage. I don't have to run to the petstore for bedding all the time because my liners are washable and reusable over and over again.

I like fleece because it's easier to monitor your chins poos, easier to spot clean, helps keep shavings off the floor and I can make liners in whatever pattern I want!

Ohhh, I see how that works.. I might think about that in the future.. You guys all make them or you order them?? If so where??

I make and sell them. Feel free to check out my sale thread called "available patterns". If you sew or even if you dont, there are some DIY instructions on here also!

I make mine, I bought some towels and I sew a towel so there is a layer of towel under the top layer of fleece (I make mine pillow case style to go over my CN pans).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I do it for mess control and savings on not having to buy shavings. And I guess it makes it easier to clean.

Personally I don't spot clean. But I have enough liners to switch out every other day and wash once a week. (2 cages)

Wow,I am a pretty new owner and never even noticed or heard this. I am so amazed. What do you do? Get a few linings to put on the bottom and change them a few times a week for pee spots or if you use fleece,do you use a litter pan? Sorry I am a new owner and love my chinchillas so much and want the best for them. I am always reading and learning things about them every day.
Do you make them double lined or just buy fleece the size of the bottom?
Sooo sorry if I sound stupid,:hmm:
thank you for listening

Sorry to bother everyone again. But could someone please send me a link to pictures of the fleece lined cage at the Bottom.
Thanks again

Thank you shooper, I could not get to your website maybe you can pm to me or post it again., I could not get to the website, then again I am not good with computer skills.
Diana9 cracked me up about the dogs eating the chinchillas poop! Lol

Latest posts

Back