Who's excited for christmas???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayChillas

Puff n' Fluff
So i've been crazy excited for christmas lately, seeing the decorations go up in all the stores and what not. Ok, I got excited when I went to starbucks yesterday to see that they had the christmas drinks out. Mmm peppermint mocha :thumbsup: xD
I mean. don't get me wrong, I love thanksgiving too, but right after that's done BAM! christmas time
Anyone out there as obsessed as me? Oh i'm also one who loves snow :)) and the cold (which most people where I live complain)
Anything anybody is especially wanting on their christmas list?
Have any plans for the holdays?
:elf:

This year is going by fast. The only plans we have is my son will be coming home for Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks from DC. We probably spend a few days in the mountains in our cabin, hopefully we will get some snow.

Wish list - nothing so far. I am just grateful for everything I have.

I'm actually not feeling Christmas this year. Don't get me wrong, I love getting together with family and what not, I just don't feel like decorating or really getting into the whole Christmas thing. I'm happy the semester will be over the second week of December though. I really have had enough of my classes right now. lol...

I will be with my family Christmas eve and day. It's always a fun time.

i loooove christmas. it's my favorite time of year. we're actually getting lights on tuesday to start putting around railings and windows. our christmas tree will go up after thanksgiving. i want it up now, but we have to get it first lol.

you could definitely say i'm obsessed with christmas. my vow renewal in 5 years will be a winter wonderland theme. (hello xmas decorations!) :)

i don't want anything for xmas, never do.

my plans: well we wanted to go back to WI to spend it with family but the money just isn't in our pocket to go back up. So my husband and i will be spending our first christmas together, with all our furbabies :)

I have mixed feelings about Christmas this year. I love Christmas and I love getting to see my family since I only see most of them once a year, but I feel like the older I get the less fun Christmas becomes. It becomes stressful instead of joyous and that's pretty upsetting =(. That being said, I'm driving down to Philadelphia to see my family for a week. As far as a wishlist, there are things I'd like to have, but really all I want is a nice Christmas with no fighting in the family.

I love Christmas, i actually started Christmas shopping in October :D This years a little weird for me because i dont know whether im with the in laws or my family as i managed to get a job (finally) and im not sure about my hours yet, i do love all the Christmas lights and im hoping for snow on Christmas day !!!

I'm pretty down about Christmas. My mother had to have two immediate surgeries, she just got started on putting up her animated Christmas light show.... Everyone comes by to see it. Including people traveling a little ways to come watch it. She usually has it up and running by thanksgiving night but its not looking to good rite now. She is pretty depressed about it. She works on it every year all year round programming the songs and making new stuff to add to it :(

i usually don't really get into the holiday spirit until mid December. my tree goes up exactly 12 days before Christmas, and comes down on boxing day usually. until my daughter was born, i really didn't 'feel' Christmas-y at all from my early teens until i became a mom. now the magic is back, my kiddo gets super excited as Christmas draws nearer, and it's contagious! lol.

one thing i do enjoy is not stepping foot inside a walmart during the month of December! :rofl: managed to get through the past three holiday seasons without having to suffer that madness.

I'm excited, but then I'm not.
I think I'll end up going out to see horses on Christmas. Handing out peppermints can be pretty up-lifting. [=

Don't know how my family is with some drama going on, but I get to spread the excitement with my animals.. which is nice!
Last year I had Misty for Christmas, but only had her 2-3 months.
This year I've somehow gained 3 more chinnies and more gerbils.
More holiday pictures, I suppose :)

We never put anything out until the day after Thanksgiving, so I feel a little weird seeing everything go up in stores!

I'm excited, but not excited. I'm in the middle. Some anxiety, because of how the whole year has gone. Another year of treatment, and thought I was done last year, but at the same time, want to make it as special for my kids as possible, and try to make the best of things despite how scary they are. I will say I am having fun with all the Christmas stuff though, and for a second here and there, enjoying the moment, and reflect what Christmas is really about. :)
Husband will curse me, but the snow is beautiful, and do look forward to how clean and beautiful it makes everything look!

We just got done with out christmas shoe boxes for less fortunate kids and going to bring them to church tomorrow :) A pretty great feeling.

For me the I like presents but I love being with family and doing all our yearly traditions together. :)

The lights might go up outside but we never get our tree or start decorating until after thanksgiving.

And I LOVE christmas music. Can't wait for that

I never said I would be one to get excited to early ....but........its happened for some odd reason....I think because this year was a hard year for me I usually dont get gifts but being able to give to others means a lot to me ....I am, very thankful for what I do have I am loving the decorations and craft ideas and hope to get an early start

We just got done with out christmas shoe boxes for less fortunate kids and going to bring them to church tomorrow :) A pretty great feeling.

For me the I like presents but I love being with family and doing all our yearly traditions together. :)

The lights might go up outside but we never get our tree or start decorating until after thanksgiving.

And I LOVE christmas music. Can't wait for that

I think that the shoeboxes is a very nice idea to do :)

Husband will curse me, but the snow is beautiful, and do look forward to how clean and beautiful it makes everything look!
Yes!! I am praying we get some here this year. I really miss it.

I am stoked to put up the lights, can't wait until the leaves fall off the trees so I can start. That happens around Thanksgiving, or if it drops below 75 for a few days.

but really all I want is a nice Christmas with no fighting in the family.
Amen! I have quit visiting my family over the holidays for this reason. I guess you could say I've been spoiled living in the south for a few years now. Everybody cares, it's like one big community and even standing in line at the grocery store can be a bonding experience with complete strangers - and they'll invite you to dinner! Crazy, but I am really loving it.

I am going home to Everett at the beginning of December for the annual family christmas cookie making. Thankfully it keeps everyone so busy they don't have much time to ***** about each other. It's really rough though, listening to them.

I hate the snow.
I hate the cold.
I hate Christmas music.
I hate travelling when everyone else is on the road and so traffic is bad. Especially if it's cold and snowing.
I hate shopping when no one else is in the store, so hate it much more come Christmas time when everyone and their mom and brother and uncle and pet fish is there.

But I LOVVEEEE the smell of pine and cinnamon.
I love Christmas lights to light up the nights that last so long in winter.
I love cocoa. With cinnamon.
I love how cheerful most people seem to be.
I love the tasty food that comes out for the holidays (Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes for the win!)
I love staring at my Christmas tree, which I wanted to put up a couple weeks ago. But I will wait. Until Thanksgiving is over. The day it's over.

In sum, I can deal with the drudgery of the season so long as there are desserts and decorations. =)

I busted out the Christmas music in June. It's been going non-stop since mid October (Roomie hasn't killed me yet!)

December is a rough month for me. The 12th will be the two year anniversary of my Grandfather's passing, and the 18th will mark 1 year since I lost my sweet Lily. I'm praying for an uneventful month because I don't know if I can handle anymore heartache on top of the grief I already feel building up.

With that being said I absolutely love the peace and magic I feel around Christmas time. Paul & I, along with all 5 chins, will be staying at my Mom's for an entire week (Lord help us all). Mom hates the chins, but knows that she won't see us if we can't bring them along. It'll be much easier next year when we're living back in Chicago, and can leave the fur kids at home. Anyway we're decorating the Christmas tree for the first time in years, and we already have a pretty tight schedule for visiting various friends and family. All in all I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back