Who is going to the Empress Nationals?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SunshineChins

I am going.. I am going.. whooo hooo.. My first ever chin show! :D I cannot wait I am so excited!! Just curious who else is going besides me??

It will be so nice to be able to put a name to the face. :D I am making sure to bring my camera and my warm clothes. My kids are hoping it snows. lol

We try to go but it all depends on Randys work load and whether or not he can get the days off.
Jeri

I am planning to be there but with the new broken hand we shall she how that goes esp since I am right handed I might have to do some begging to get some help with grooming

If I knew anything about how to groom my daughter and I would help. :)

I'll be there if Kari's offer to ride down there with her is still open.

Thanks Jenie Im sure there will be a lot of begging and grovelling going on on my part to a certain person to get their help haha

Of course, of course! So sorry I couldn't make it the other weekend to Boone! I felt terrible.

I might try and make it, just bought a house so will see. Nice to be only 7 hours away...

Anyone want to carpool?

Don't they groom on Fridays and in the morning before the show? I wanna watchhhhh.. We are planning on driving through and get an early Friday morning start. My goal is be there in the late afternoon early evening.

Most people just like to get their animals settled in on Friday night. We don't groom on Friday, we just bed them down and feed and water them and leave them alone. The grooming is done on Saturday for standards and Sunday for mutes. You can come in on either morning and watch people groom.

Super! I know Caleigh wants to get up at like 4am to be ready to watch. LOL

I'm going, but I plan to be a nervous wreck the entire latter half of February. My first Empress Nationals!! Brenda probably plans to sedate me for the car ride down... :)

I really want to go! But I have two issues. 1.) Id need to fly in which isnt a big deal BUT the airline wont let chinchillas go as carry on (only cats and dogs) so Id have to fly them as pet cargo... for $275 per chinchilla EACH way. 2.) I really dont want to ear tag and I remember asking about ECBA shows before and a few people mentioned that its required.

Im considering just going and not showing but Id be kinda bummed. But it will prob still be fun and Im sure everyone will have a great time. I guess Ill just have to wait and see what happens.

Edited to add: Im wondering how does everyone that flys to shows do it? Do you just pay the fee or is there another way? (insert thinky deep pondering smiley here)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back