Who has a Feisty Ferret cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trish57

I ordered a Feisty Ferret for when my little girls come home with me. But now, looking at it more closely, I see that only two doors open, so I would imagine that will make it harder to clean than if all four opened. I'm thinking I'll have to maneuver the pans out.

Advice?

You can return it or cancel the order... I considered that over the CN but I decided that the lower price wasn't worth how the doors opened Lol. I'm glad I went with the CN, I can't imagine cleaning with only one door.

I don't have the FF, but looking at the cage there is only one pan, and it slides out the bottom, the middle has no pan, just wire floor. Also the bottom has a wire floor between the pan and the cage, so I would think that wire floors needs to be covered or removed.

Honestly I agree with Smidgeyy though, I would cancel or return the cage and go with a FN or CN cage instead. Not only do those cages have two doors instead of one they are also bigger. The FF is also prone to rusting, and has plastic shelving that needs to be replaced, you can't cover them like you can in the FN or CN cages. Here is a thread from a few years ago showing the two cages side by side and some others opinions.

I had a FF cage, but it was a pain to clean. It's also significantly smaller than the critter/ferret nation

Thanks for all your responses. Before I even got them, I decided to bag the FF idea. It was delivered already, so I just put it in the car - didn't even bring it in the house.

Now I'm trying to decide between the CN and FN. I have 2 cats, and I don't have any idea how they will be with the chins. I tried telling them that we were going to get 2 big mousies but they couldn't hunt them; they were going to be their sisters. I got a look. LOL

I know that the CN has the half inch bars, which would probably be harder to get a cat paw in. Ultimately, I would like to keep the cage in the living room once I know it it safe.

So does anyone have pics of both the FN and CN so I can compare?

Thanks again!

Trish

Back