white discharge

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacd061506

I have a rescued female who was housed with her father and several related females. She had twins from her father, they were about 6 weeks when I acquired the female.....I tried everything I could to get the lady to keep them with mom...but she gave them away right before she brought me the female....anyway the reason for this thread.
I assumed she was pregnant due to being kept with her father. I have her due date around January 6th through February 16th (from the date the kits were born through the day I got her)....I noticed today she has a white discharge, not very much though. She hasn't gained any weight since the day I got her (right about 668g) and her tummy has not reached any sort of firmness like any other pregnant female I've dealt with. Could this be related to her being in heat and not pregnant? Or am I looking for something else entirely...like pyometra?

If it smells, it could be pyometra. If it doesn't smell, it's most likely normal discharge from her heat cycle. Which would mean she's probably not pregnant (though not definitely).

I've noticed the white discharge a few times with my females. I think it's what would have been the heat plug if it weren't as wet.

there is very little of it, it's just covering her opening and as far as I can tell there is no smell. thank you. I'll keep my eye on her

Latest posts

Back