whisker trimming??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxoimhers

<-- chin-chin daddie!! &#9829;
what are the details and effect of trimming your chinchillas whiskers I been reading a few things on them but still am unsure sorry if this question has been answered on here already.

quite often the more dominant chin will get its whiskers trimmed during introductions to another chin. it's normally/naturally the dominant chin that would chew down the whiskers of the subordinate one, so by trimming the dominant's whiskers, you take him down a peg or two, so to speak.

hope that made sense!

quite often the more dominant chin will get its whiskers trimmed during introductions to another chin. it's normally/naturally the dominant chin that would chew down the whiskers of the subordinate one, so by trimming the dominant's whiskers, you take him down a peg or two, so to speak.

hope that made sense!

i noticed my other chins whiskers were chewed on before, I gave the dominant chin a trim last night and I feel super bad now, yes the barking and fighting between them has stopped and but now he just sits there sad looking he wont even sit in his usual spot over looking the whole cage now i feel sad for him but at the same time his cage buddy can finally get into there wooden house with out barking at each other.

Latest posts

Back