whimper/ barking noise

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chin just kinda made a wimper noise similar to his bark so I ran to his cage to see if he was ok. He is in my bedroom so I just had to turn the lights on to see him. He was just sitting in his ledge. He looks fine and is acting normal now other than the wimper. He has never been cuddly or a chin that like to be handled other than on his own terms. He doesn't even like scratches most of the time, but he let me scoop him up and hold him with no problem. Could he of just wanted attention? A few minutes later he squirmed out of my hands back into his cage to chew some sticks and run on his wheel. I've had him 2 years now and he hasn't done anything like this before. But I haven't been giving him his normal amount of attention either because my grandmother is very sick right now and I've been helping her the past week.

Any suggestions would be helpful if this could be just be a cry for attention on his part or do I need a trip to the vet for a possible injury?

I'm sorry about your Grandma. I am pretty sure he missed you and did that for attention. How sweet is that! If you think it could be a injury watch him move about, look for blood, monitor his eating, drinking and pooping. But I bet he is fine. Don't take him to a vet if everything seems fine, update us

I checked him this morning and once in the night and he seems fine. I'm just going to keep an extra good eye on him the next few days days.

He seems fine so I guess it was he just missed me the past week and wanted so extra attention the other night.

Back