Which size flying saucer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want either the standard size or the large, most people go with the standard. If your chin is big though you'll want the large, if you scroll down on the page you linked it actually tells you a bit more about each size if you didn't notice. :) The standard is only 13 3/4" but the design is equivalent to about a 20-22" drum style wheel.

"The SMALL WHEEL fits animals up to 1 1/2 lbs (degus, sugar gliders, rats, guinea pigs, hedgehogs.) The assembled Small Animal Wheel will fit through a door 6 1/4" x 9" or larger.
The STANDARD WHEEL accomodates animals up to 2 1/2 lbs. It is ideal for chinchillas. The assembled Standard Wheel will fit through a cage door 9" x 12" or 10" x 10".
The LARGE WHEEL comes with a removable wood support block to support heavier animals. For Skunks, opossums, prairie dogs."

i had a large wheel for my boys. I was running out of funds from my injury and ended up getting a used standard sized flying saucer for my girls. While it worked, i could easily see that it wasnt rly large enough for them. As soon as i was able to i got them a large as well.

Latest posts

Back