Which is cheaper??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickster

So would it be cheaper to make my own shelves and fleece items or just buy them from someone?? If its cheaper to buy from someone, who does both for cheap'

In my opinion it would be cheaper to do your own because you don't have to pay shipping. I make my own wood ledges as I have all the equipment for it but I prefer to buy my fleece items because I can't sew to save my life.

Cheaper to do your own and worth it if you own a sewing machine. Doing them by hand takes WAY too long lol. Also, it's particularly worth it to do it yourself if you can find some fleece on sale ;) That said, be prepared for some trial and error. I made my first batch and one of the covers doesn't have enough extra on the end for me to really tuck it under the plastic that it's supposed to be covering. Even with that oops one though it was still cheaper for me to make my own.

Kickster, Thanks for asking this question. I've been pondering how to make my own fleece covers for tubes. Although, I will continue to buy my shelves from Whimsy. Post pics of your creation, I'd love to see it.

Sandi, Thank you for posting the links of how-tos. I hadn't found that post yet.

Latest posts

Back