Which Cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinAndShep

Hello,

I've posted when I was first getting my two chins about cages, and I think I said I might upgrade it later on. I am looking to get a larger cage at some point this year, it depends on money and things, we could be ordering anywhere from in a few days to a few months time, so I am starting to look at cages now. Right now we have a W 70cm x D 42cm x H 104cm, which I guess is fine but bigger would be better, and also I find it is quite hard to clean it, the cage makes a lot of noise (even if it is normal), it is hard to move, the top clips broke and the doors are small making it hard to access the whole cage.

I live in the UK and can not find any FN, CN or any other of the popular cages in the US, and I can not get it shipped due to the price and some don't ship here, so I just rather buy one here.

Atlanta Cage
http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk/atalanta-104cm-ferret-chinchilla-cage-p-16617.html
W 104cm x D 59cm x H 107cm, I like it because it has quite a lot of space and it has wheels and it shows that it is easy to clean, but the doors are small and I'm not 100% sure it is metal as it does not state it.

Aventura Cage
http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk/metal-aventura-huge-metal-ferret-chinchilla-cage-p-6680.html
W 92cm x W 64cm x H 160cm, the good thing is that it is also large, it has the tray for easy clean, is all metal, all I really need to do is take out the ramps as shelves are metal and possibly put a few more wooden ones just to make it more interesting, it has wheels and the doors are quite big. I'd probably go for it right away if not for a few reviews about the no bolts between the wheel/base part, but would that be a problem?

There are a few other good cages on the website, Little Pet Warehouse, and we can use sites like amazon or eBay as long as it is the uk one. Which one do you think I should get out of the two, or should I look for more? I have already looked at loads more but these are the best ones. If I do get them, any ideas for the layout of the shelves or toys? And also anyone that owns/owned these?

Thank you.

Totally off topic, but Smidgeyy I *LOVE* your site! Especially all the pics of Chilly and Momo - you can definitely tell they have a lot of personality. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

We're getting an FN for our chins, ordered from amazon - but I don't know if they carry those at the UK locations.

I have a feisty ferret cage which I like and is similar to a FN. You may look and see if you can find one of those around, but it does have a wire bottom, so you would need to cover it or give your chinchilla plenty of spots get off the wire.

Of the two you have I would personally choose the second one, as it looks more suitable for chinchillas. However, having not seen either in person that is just a guess.

Latest posts

Back