where to buy bulk hay in MD?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITSTOP64

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can buy fresh bulk hay in Maryland?
I am tired of buying those small bags from pet stores that dont last?
I know I can order online,but would like to find a feed store near me?
I live in Glenwood,Md 21738

I am actually from the hedgie side - but I own horses - so I know how to buy hay - :) seriously - check the paper and cragislist for hay for sale - you can buy one bale (please ask on the size as some hay bales can be over 1,000lbs!) ask if you can buy a bale - tell them what it is for

when you go to buy the hay make sure it is green and smells lovely no moldy smell - not excessively dusty etc

there are also different types of hay - alfalfa, timothy, brome, and mixtures of these and more - make sure you get one that your chin can eat :) good luck!

Standlee Hay Company has great hay products. It's not in MD, but the Southern States in Purceville, VA carries their compressed bales. I bought a compressed bale of timmy hay there a month or so ago for about $12. It's a bit of a drive, but it's fully worth the trip. When they say "compressed", they really mean compressed! Don't let the size of the bale fool you....it's a lot of hay in there!

Standlee website: http://www.standleehay.com

Southern States address:
261 N 21st Street
Purceville, VA 20132

Back