Where do your chins like to pee?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During playtime if I shoo him away from an area too often, he gets mad at me. Then he walks over to my blanket or pillow, and makes his little stance. Even if I nudge him he fully pees there. It's clear that he's unhappy with me lol.

I have a female chin who always pees on her shelves. I removed the one she was peeing on and she went to a different one. I ended up having to take most of the selves out and making her some that have tile on them. She still pees but its easier to clean. She also enjoys peeing on top of her tunnel, in her tunnel, in her food cup. I thought there was something wrong with her for the longest time and have taken her to the vet. Done urine analysis, and plenty of other tests, but they cant find anything wrong with her. So I figure she just likes to watch me clean the cage...

It depends on the chinchilla :) I have some that will always pee only in one corner. I have some that will just pee anywhere and everywhere. And I have some that love to pee in their food dish...... this is the most frustrating, because they waste so much food! Sometimes I'll stick in two food dishes, and fill one with bedding. This has worked for one dish-pee-er, but not the others.

Back