Where do you get PVC tube Big enough

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

burkirs

I was just wondering where you get PVC tube big enough for a chin?

Any place that has plumbing supplies should have it. Menard's, DIY, Lowe's, etc.

Since you only have one chin, and the PVC comes in 10' lengths, try checking out a subdivision or new home going up somewhere around you! They do the plumbing soon after the rough framing, for accessability, and usually pitch the short cut-offs. The ones you want are used for toilet drains!
Happy hunting!!

ok i could try or just get the ten foot and sell the rest off

i actually went to home depo today and found two feet long pieces and just had then cut it down for me so thanks

Hmmm - I knew they did that on wood, but not on PVC! Thanks for passing that on!

When I went to Home Depot all they had was 4" wide PVC, which my chubbier gals would probably get stuck in. I asked specifically for 6" or larger, and was told to find a commercial plumbing retailer, because HD doesnt carry anything past 4"

Havent gotten a chance to look at Lowes yet tho (nearest one is 35 miles away, in complete opposite direction of everywhere else that I shop). Has anyone else had any luck?
~Barb~

They have 4" (chin won't get stuck) or 6" diameter pvc tubes about 8-12" long at home depot or lowes. You can get straight, curved, or t-shapes.

I've been to 3 Home Depot stores in 3 different counties - the largest size they have is 4" and I'd rather not take the chance of my large breeder gals getting stuck when they're pregnant. The 4" works fine for my pets & most of the rescue chins, was just hoping to find something larger for the other gals too.

At 1 store I couldnt get anyone to help, at another it was "oh I just started working here, let me go get someone" and they wandered off, never to return. At the store closest to us, I was informed they dont stock anything larger than 4" across, and got a very snide remark about how I'd have to locate a commercial plumbing supply, then she turned her back on us.

Maybe I'll try & call the Lowes in neighboring counties, we dont have one here. Thanks anyway tho.
~Barb~

did you try looking a the bent pvcs they usually are larger to fit around others

In the center they are still 4" - I had thought the same thing at first too. Ah well - I'll be going near a Lowes later this evening. I'll see if they can help me. Did you manage to find PVC for your own chins? (I honestly didnt mean to take over your thread, sorry about that)
~Barb~

lol why you sayin sorry and yea i found some at lowes but she is only 14 weeks so the 4 inch works fine

Latest posts

Back