whens the best time to cut wood

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ann1

I know this question has been asked before but i couldnt find it using "search" button. I must use that wrong becuase more often then not i cant find what im looking for and a bunch of random stuff comes up.....
Anyhow now my question, when is the best time to cut wood from your apple trees? If the branches are still greenish are they alright? Is the tree to young? Does a tree have to be a certain age for the branches to be safe? That sounds like a funny question but this tree is still pretty small and maybe only a couple yrs old

I just scrubbed and baked a bunch of branches and twigs...the twigs were all green inside but after baking they turned woody brown.

From a tree growing aspect, I've always been told to do it when the threat of sub zero temperatures has passed (to prevent damage to the tree). You also want to prune them before they start to grow so that you get the most out of your growing season.... Most places recommend pruning them in February to late March (larger orchards have to start earlier). I'll be trimming mine this weekend.

Cool guys...thanks....they are a little green inside so i guess i will just bake a little longer

Latest posts

Back