Wheezy bark - is it normal?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ysy

One of my very shy girls barked yesterday, she's not much of a barker, in fact, it's the first time I've heard her bark in the 1 year + that I've had her. It sounded like she had a little wheeze before each bark, and she was barking continuously for a long while. I know what set her off - long story, but just wanted to know if that is normal.

She doesn't have any symptoms of illness though - clear eyes, clean nose, eating, pooping, playing (after she calmed down).

From what your describing, it sounds normal. Did something scare her?

Yeah, her neighbouring chin successfully chewed through the wood to release the support structure causing the whole shelf to come undone and it collapsed halfway lodging itself in the bars. The offending chin was unhurt but the subsequent violence used by hubby to remove the shelf made a lot of rattling noises and it just set her off.

Thanks for your reply! I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but hubby mentioned the slight wheezing and i just got a little paranoid as none of my other chins bark like that.

Yikes, glad nobody got hurt when that happened! My chin barks when she's scared, sometimes she'll do a long wheezy sounding bark if it's really spooked. Glad everything is alright.

Back