Wheels..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veg5019

I've been hearing a lot of positive and negative things about Chin wheels. If I were to invest in one it would be either the Chin Spin or Flying Saucer. I want to know if anyone has had any bad experiences with either wheels and if it is worth my money and my chins happiness! Has anyone used them for a long period of time (years) without any issues?

Thanksss

I would get the flying saucer. I have had to replace the bearings in my Chin Spins multiple times, as well as had problems with the powder coating peeling off of them. My flying saucer has held up wonderfully over the years and I have never had any problems with it.

I have a flying saucer in the cage my two boys share. One uses it all the time, especially if he doesn't get out for a play on a given night. The other sleeps on it ;) That said, it's holding up great and is quiet enough that it doesn't wake me up when they use it at night (cage is practically in my room)

I love the flying saucers but they take up a lot of floor space. I've used mine for 8 yrs without problems. I also have a chin spin. The paint does chip sometimes so I touch it up. They both work great.

My girl refused to use the flying saucer. After several months I bought a Chin spin and she hopped on it right away.

We have a chin spin in our main "mansion" cage and my chinnies are addicted to it! Mama chin Kana can't have a wheel while she takes care of baby, so every time we let them out to play, she runs right up to the cage with the wheel! All night long you also can hear our boy Teemo going crazy on it! We've had ours for about eight months and it is still in great working order. I am sure, however, that flying saucers are good, too. I guess whichever design you like and think your chins will like better is the one to get!

Latest posts

Back