Wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm it seems to me like it would be okay.
-It's a big enough size
-It's not made of plastic
-The surface is solid, so feet won't get caught.

I would get some more opinions before you make a decision though. :))

Nope not safe. The bar can break tail, legs, neck, and this is the kind that someone I know had a chin decapitated with. The chin had been chewing on the bar, making it sharp, and then apparently tried to jump off or maybe stick it's head out while it was moving and chop, between the bar of the stand and the middle bar, not a complete decapitation but you get the idea (dead chin, lots of blood).

Nope not safe. The bar can break tail, legs, neck, and this is the kind that someone I know had a chin decapitated with. The chin had been chewing on the bar, making it sharp, and then apparently tried to jump off or maybe stick it's head out while it was moving and chop, between the bar of the stand and the middle bar, not a complete decapitation but you get the idea (dead chin, lots of blood).

Decapitated.. Yikes! :( That must have been horrid.

But yeah, the bars are what I was unsure about. Never seen this kind of wheel before.

Here ya go, save yourself some $ and make a nice exercise wheel. All you need is the right pan that you can get on Amazon for $8 .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Heres a video on how simple it is to get it done.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmbAApN0o6M

Now all you need is a skateboard or rollerblade wheel with the bearings in it and some nuts, bolts & washers from the hardware store to put it together,. when you're done you'll probably have just under $15 into it it.* :)

I can't open the link on my phone for some reason but if it's the one made from the metal feed pan then yes, at least mine is loud. As in, wild stampede of demonic chinchillas bearing down on you in search for souls loud.

But then again, my girls kept me up all night so I may just be cranky.

Haha! I think I am going to have to find a different wheel then. Cuz my family gets mad enough when my chin bites on the bars at night! xD

No they're not loud, any skateboard or rollerblade wheel with decent bearings spins very quiet. Just give them a little squirt of wd40 once in awhile and they'll run for a long time. The reason that some peoples exercise wheels are louder is because they use lazy susan bearings instead of a skateboard or rollerblade wheel.

Back