Wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouncer36

Can I use this wheel for my chin?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428260658.730580.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428260667.830344.jpg

God Is Good And His Love Last Forever

I would not recommend it. Not only is it plastic, but the quality is not very good. We tried the very same wheel with our chin (before we know plastic was bad) and it kept popping off its axle. Finally, we invested in the Chin Spin from Quality Cage Company, and love it. The upfront cost is about 3 times the one you're considering, but it's worth it! There's a lot of discussion on this forum regarding the right type of wheel/saucer for your chin if you do the search.

Nope.
All wheels found in pet stores are too small for chins. Wheels need to be at least 14"(for a small chin) in diameter.
Not only is it too small but it's plastic.

Chin safe wheels must be bought online. The Chin Spin seems to be most popular, along with the Silver Surfer and the metal Flying Saucer.

I wouldn't reccomend it, as it is made of plastic which isn't good for your chin if he were to chew it. It would also be too small- most plastic wheels come at 12" largest size, adult chins need a minimum of 15" for natural running movement. I would reccomend the ChinSpin or Flying Saucer, those seem to be the most popular in the chin community :)

There is also the silver surfer that is slightly cheaper. I found that even if the plastic wheels work you will be replacing them once or twice a year. Seeing how they can live 15-20 years that's a lot more money than just buying a good wheel for $50-100 one time and not having to replace it.

I have a chi spin in there but had got the plastic one for hamster didn't realize it was that big until I got it too big for the hamsters cage so thought I would use somewhere else

God Is Good And His Love Last Forever

not only do you want to stay away from plastic wheels, mesh wheels are bad too. toes can get caught.
poplar brands are the chin spin, silver surfer and flying saucer. I believe most chin safe wheels are about $80 and found online.

Latest posts

Back