Wheel Wars!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyBug

Sometimes I love too much
Does anyone else with multiple chins ever see them having "wheel duels"? We got a flying saucer a few weeks ago, and both girls are using it regularly, but tonight I noticed them being a little strange. One will jump on the wheel, run as fast as she can, then jump off. The other will then jump on the wheel (while it is still spinning), run as fast as she can, then jump off, and repeat and repeat. I'm hoping this is just playful behavior, a sort of "anything you can do, I can do better" thing, but is there anything I need to worry about with regards to safety? I don't want anyone flying off of the saucer...

My guys do that too. but then again they also try to both run on the wheel at the same time but running opposite ways :laughitup: it cracks me up every time i see my boys do that. Their always so puzzle why it doesn't work.

Sounds like your gang is having a really good time. Mine would slip off and hit the bottom of the cage once in a while. But it's only a few inches off the ground. Perhaps move any pointy objects like a house of ledge near it. I bet it's fun watching them.

LOL Mine totally do the same thing. I have seen them take turns, and also try to do it together. I have also seen one chinchilla running and then another jumps on and knocks the first one off. They are so funny!

Yea my do the opposite direction thing all the time - It is so funny the look on their faces trying to figure out why the darn thing doesn't work - If finally works when one gets disgusted and jumps off - Silly chins

Back