Whats your Daily Routine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosgarage57

Im a new Chin daddy, and I didn't see a thread like this on here.

What's your daily routine?

I just got Zoey on Sunday, but here is mine so far:

I get off work about 5:30ish, I go home and eat do chores, then at about 7:30 every night we get her out. I have a long hallway in which I can put up 2 baby gates (so she doesn't jump over them) and close all the doors. We wheel her cage out to the hallway and open the door. She is still learning to come to us so we can pick her up and put her on the floor. We let her run around (she loves doing wall jumps) for about 30 minutes, then I put down her dust bath house. She does it about twice and continues to play. While she is jumping and playing I vacuum out her cage, she doesn't seem too scared of the vacuum which I am very surprised about. I give her fresh food and water as well. We let her play for about 30 more minutes and then we put her up for the night, or when she goes into her cage and wont come back out.

Am I doing anything wrong or could do something better?

its changes now and then, but usually i try to clean and feed around 5-5:30pm. Just before or as they are starting to wake up so theres less risk of them getting hurt or escaping the cage while im working. If i remember i give them there dust baths monday nights. (depending on the climate where you live, 1-2x a week is usually fine. No need for every day. In fact it can dry out there skin if done to often)

Back