what type of chinchilla???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davey

could anybody tell me if they know what type of chin i have?
330744_1498679842648_1703722140_778864_236118110_o.jpg
285856_1498682482714_1703722140_778867_223161092_o.jpg

The lighting is horrible and because of that cage cover there is a lot of red being cast on it. This is a total shot in the dark (literally), but I'm guessing violet wrap. I don't see a white belly, and there aren't any ear freckles otherwise I would have said tan.

I thought violet wrap as well, although the lighting makes it hard to say for sure that it is a violet instead of a tan...

thank you all! i will post a better picture, and how stupid do i sound! lol i have just been reading about the colour mutations and stuff! only reason i was asking is that i havent came across a picture of a chin that looks similar to him, but hes definetly a good looking one (not that there isnt any ugly chins mind) lol and im new to the 'chin world' thats why i sound so daft and dont know much, everytime iv tryed to google or look for info on chins i have always got a load of different/conflicting answers, at least now iv found a place to find all the things i need to know :)

I was originally thinking tan, but the slight coloring on the ears tells me that it's not a tan. Maybe a violet wrap or a light to medium ebony.

thank you all! i will post a better picture, and how stupid do i sound! lol i have just been reading about the colour mutations and stuff! only reason i was asking is that i havent came across a picture of a chin that looks similar to him, but hes definetly a good looking one (not that there isnt any ugly chins mind) lol and im new to the 'chin world' thats why i sound so daft and dont know much, everytime iv tryed to google or look for info on chins i have always got a load of different/conflicting answers, at least now iv found a place to find all the things i need to know :)

yeah, brother - but you get bonus points for using 'daft' in a sentence - woot!

could you decipher your comment please

"Yes, good sir. You also get higher recommendations for using the word "daft" in a sentence-joyful cheer!"

The coloring is so off in the pictures that I won't take a stab at the color until there are better pictures. Very cute chinnie though!

Nothing. It's very British of you. We yanks find the use of Britishisms that we don't hear often (like "lift," "lorry," "blimey," and "cobblers") quaint and amusing. Especially when said with that accent of yours. *swoon*

Latest posts

Back