What should I do if....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucksAngel28

Ashley
I get the flu, swine flu, a cold, strep, other viruses, etc.? I'm not normally one to be paranoid about things, but swine flu has entered the county I work in, and I work with young kids, so I'm bound to end up getting something this season.

In case that happens, can any of these things be passed to my hedgie, and if so, what precautions should I take to prevent it from happening?

Oh wow thanks for asking that, now there's a question I wouldn't think of until I got sick! Please do tell us, are common illnesses like the cold and flu which are nearly unavoidable very dangerous for a hedgie?

I didn't risk it when I had Sweet Pea and was sick. Yes, I know, sneezing hedgies are very, very cute, but don't do it on purpose! Make sure to wash your hands a lot for ~30 seconds with a/b soap before handling your hedgie's food, and just check under the blanket or wherever they sleep to make sure they're alive and well. Keep them occupied with a favorite toy or wheel. They'll understand. =D

Latest posts

Back