What kind of chinchilla owner are you?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of chinchilla owner are you?

• Pet Owner

Votes: 159 90.3%
  • Breeder

Votes: 33 18.8%
  • Pelter

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
Pelters are breeders. They can't just keep pelting and having chins pop up with wishful thinking.

You are going to get very few who will admit that they pelt. This is a primarily pet forum and people get too spazzed out over folks who pelt. Also, should this poll head that way, at all, I will close it.

For the record, I am a breeder and pet owner. You can be both.

Pet owner (um first put pet owned... freudian slip much, lol)

I've actually gained a great appreciation for those who pelt (at least to the extent that I guess who may pelt) from this forum. I am not a fan of fur trade, but really like seeing how much people who do pelt love their critters as much as anyone else, and how much knowledge they have and how helpful they are. I'm not meaning this aspect to get into debate, just wanted to express how my eyes were opened in a good way.

I do all three. My chins are my pets and breeders and I pelt. I've received negative comments about the third as happens when anyone admits they pelt, but you don't have to like what I do for me to know that I use humane practices and that I do right by the animals I am responsible for.

Back